inner hippie design

Your design style should always include things that say something about you, your family, your interests, your history, or your HEART.

I have a HIPPIE HEART....my inner hippie can be seen throughout my home and it makes a statement about something I believe in.


Book Statements






'love is old...love is new'...surround yourself with books that express you. Instead of going to the book store....find books on ebay...use search words like, 'coffee table book'...I just got a 'LIFE' book from the 70's for $1 on ebay and it looks great on my bookcase. Also, ktown locals...go to MCKAYS to find some great books for decoration...just make sure they make a 'STATEMENT'.





Pillow Statements




PILLOWS are a great way to express yourself and your design. If you like dogs...get a dog pillow. But, just one dog pillow. Don't over do it....don't over do anything...you might have a home design hangover.







This pillow was purchased on THE FOUNDARY and is made by KARMA.





The letters are leather on burlap...burlap is SO in right now (not comfortable but it doesn't need to be...it is for decor only) and going to look great with my leather sofa...if it ever gets here.



Go to ETSY to find some pillows that express YOU!



You know I am not crazy about dogs but below are some pictures of dog pillows offered by nakeddecor on ETSY. Type in whatever you love on etsy with the word 'pillow' and you will find it. Make a sofa statement!




Statue Statements





Found this at HOME GOODS for about $15...love it! Makes a great bookend. The 'National Geographic' mags are my husband's. He has to express himself too...he feels worldly when he reads them. Found a similar sculpture on Jonathan Adler for about $225.



Did you know you can find Jonathan Adler products on HSN.com? Who knew the home shopping network had a website???




Carpet Statements




Ok, so...personally, I would not have this in my living room or master bedroom. However, everyone has to have a FUN bathroom. The kitchen, bathroom, or laundry room are great spaces to put funky rugs that make a statement.




This PEACE rug was purchased at Marshalls for $12. The pink Barbie stool in the corner is not part of the design plan but this is in my half bath that is a FUN room and a great expression of who my family is and will become.
Found this on Pottery Barn Teen....very cool for an entry way, kitchen, or boys room.
Even if you don't have a teen living in your home...Pottery Barn Teen has lots of fun items for all rooms of your home.




PEACE OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment